Tiffany is a social technologist, social media strategist, trainer and international speaker, advising governments and industry on embedding social media in global businesses.
She aligns corporate objectives, people skills and evolving technology to embed practical digital and social media strategy for impactful change and growth.
Tiffany founded her agency Stimulation 10 years ago, a social and digital service provider to The BBC, The Guardian, Channel 4, Microsoft, she currently holds the posts of:
- Global Corporate Social Media Strategist Canon, AEGON, Ten, Fortune Cookie
- Digital Trainer for The Guardian designing and delivering their digital commercial offers
- Head Digital Trainer, Marketing Agencies Association, UK membership body marketing agencies
- Social Media Trainer, HR Mentor and Digital Event Curator, Social Reporting/Analysis, Channel 4
- Founder of LiveTech Conferences, social media bootcamps and technology for live events
- Founder SoAmpd.com serving live events with social technology and social media amplification
- Executive Director of the British Interactive Media Association
- Advisor on crisis management social media monitoring to National Police Improvement Agency, Association of Chief Police Officers and The Met Police
- Advisor on Public Engagement to The Speaker of the House of Commons
- Lecturer: Interactive Marketing, Diploma in Integrated Marketing, Marketing Agencies Association
Recent achievements include:
Tiffany founded SoAmpd.com in November 2011 to provide social media services to live events.
Tiffany was appointed Global Social Media Strategist to AEGON from Sept 2011 until Jan 2012.
Tiffany has been advising Ten Group on global social media strategy since April 2011.
In March 2011 Tiffany wrote social media policy for Michael Page International.
From November 2010 to February 2011 Tiffany consulted Euro RSCG London management team, one of the UK’s top 5 creative agencies and helped them to launch advertising’s first social media monitoring and outreach laboratory as a managed service.
In 2010 Tiffany launched data.gov.uk the UK Government’s data repository and the largest in the world, working with Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the creator of the Web, and Professor Nigel Shadbolt, Head of Artificial Intelligence in the UK.
She is the former Head of Public Participation (social media) for the UK Government, advising the government on how to get better at engaging with the public online. The first of its kind, the role encompassed building digital capability in the civil service as the UK Government strategic lead on all social media training, tools, skills and capability as well as how to involve the public in policy curation on and offline. Tiffany wrote the Social Media Government Guidance for civil servants and consulted other governments around the world on strategic use of social media to engage audiences.
She developed the digital training strategy for Government, designed and delivered the only social media audit of department’s digital assets and capabilities for the new administration and piloted leadership seminars for behavioural change towards digital adoption for the Scottish Government. Tiffany created the first social media guidance during a general election for all civil servants and installed bespoke social media monitoring dashboards in every government ministerial office for day one of the new administration. Tiffany helped support the UK national digital monitoring strategy for Swine Flu.
Tiffany was the first Director of Communications for Directgov the UK Government’s online citizen-facing service setting up the functions for cross-government and government to public communications from pre-launch to the first 3 years, running the world’s largest web rationalisation programme and advising international governments how to do so. She has presented in Lisbon and Brussels to overseas governments and in the UK to representatives from Baltic states, Asian and US governments.
She designed and delivered 3 national public consultations programmes resulting in government policy changes. The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA’s) MPs Expenses Consultation; National Pensions Debate and Dame Carol Black’s State of the UK workplace.
- Social Media monitoring laboratories: scoping, set up, recruitment/skills transfer and revenue generation
- Social Media Strategy: Embedding social media practice in organisations to create impactful change
- Engagement strategy: Integrating social media and social behaviours in all parts of the business
- Curation and embedding of digital training programmes in organisations
- Digital curation of thought-leadership panels (C4, Guardian, Euro RSCG London)
- Digital and social media amplification of live events as a managed service
- Digital brand theatre using bleeding edge immersive technologies in live events
- International speaker: digital, social, government, industry emerging and immersive technologies
Show Reel Links
- Tiffany speaking on Galvanising Online Communities, Lift11, Geneva, Jan 2011
- Tiffany speaking on the Social Effects of Technology, LikeMinds, Oct 2010
Tiffany next to speak at:
- Embedding social media in your business, The Guardian, 26 January, London
Speaking engagement in the last year
- Keynote Speaker: Data Centre and IT Operations Summit, Gartner, 28-29 November London
- The Enterprising Use of Social Media, Channel 4 for Global Entrepreneurs week, 17 Nov. London
- LiveTech, Social Media for Events, 19-20 October, London
- Blog Open, 8-9 October. Serbia
- Ladies at 11 Conference, 9 September, Sandown Racecourse. Esher
- Marketing Agencies Association, Advanced Twitter, 10 August. London
- Event Curator and Chair Safeguarding your digital reputation, The Guardian, 12 July. London
- Event Curator and Chair How digital innovation is changing media viewing, Channel 4, 29 June. London
- Event Chair 3rd Annual Digital Media Summit, 8-9 June. Barcelona
- Speaker: In Conversation with Tiffany St James, Channel 4, 4 May 2011 London
- Speaker: Social Media and Recruitment, The Future of Recruitment, 9 Feb 2011 Barcelona
- Speaker: Digital Trend Spotting, Channel 4 as part of Social Media Week, 7 Feb 2011 London
- Speaker: How to build online communities, Lift11, 4 Feb 2011 Geneva